Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Plan

Hmm... well I've never dieted before or worried about what I eat so I might need some pointers. So after a couple days of my "diet" this is my plan. To eat breakfast. I know that sounds so simple to you all. But I never eat breakfast and I've heard that eating breakfast is key to losing weight. So I'm going to try to eat a bowl of Special K every morning. I'll also have a sandwich for lunch. Dani introduced me to some amazing bread. Arnolds sandwich thins. They are 100 cal and full of fiber. And super yummy!! I'll have protein shakes throughout the day, again Special K. Those are tasty too. And then for dinner I've decided to just fix whatever my husband and kids will eat. Which will most likely not be healthy every day. BUT I will be careful on how much I eat. It's hard to not over eat... I feel hungry more with this "diet" I guess I need to eat more snacks?? through out the day. If anyone of you guys have anymore pointers for me. Please let me know. Thanks! Here's to the BIGGEST LOSER Proffitt Style!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda.

    I'll give you my best advice as a former Weight Watchers leader and a lifetime dieter.

    You want to learn how to eat so you can sustain your weight loss for the rest of your life. You don't want to become a lifetime yo-yo dieter like most of us in this group. So it's pretty basic. You have to expend more calories than you eat to lose, or equalize them to maintain.

    Everyone is different in what works for them and what makes them feel sated. The best advise I can give you is to go to the library and check out several books, read them, and figure out what's going to work best for you. Some examples of good ones that are relatively healthy:
    Weight Watchers
    South Beach
    The Zone
    Dr. Oz's You on a Diet
    Atkins
    and so many more. Some are great, some are difficult. Some are a totally balanced way of eating for the rest of your life, others are a quick weight loss. But learning to change your eating habits for good is better than quick weight loss. Usually once you're done with the quick weight loss, the pounds come rushing back and bring friends.

    With all that said, the "recommendations" for what to eat are:
    5 Servings a day or more of vegetables
    2 to 3 servings a day of fruit
    2 servings a day of milk products, or 3 if you are nusring, a teenager, or 50, or weigh more than 250 pounds.
    6 glasses or more of water
    2 tsps a day of healthy oils
    3 to 6 ounces per day (2 servings) of lean protein
    2 to 3 servings of whole grain cereal, bread, pasta, rice, or grains

    Serving sizes if you don't have a scale:
    a 3 oz portion of meat (1 serving) is about the size of a deck of cards, or your palm.
    A serving of grains is about the size of a tennis ball. 1 slice of bread or 1/2 cup of pasta are 1 serving.
    Milk-8 ounces of milk, 8 ounces of yogurt, or 1 1/2 ounces of cheese
    Fruit: 1/2 ounce of juice or 1 medium fruit. The fruit will fill you up way more than the juice. About the size of a baseball (not softball) is one medium.
    Veggies: Generally 1/2 cup is 1 serving.

    And unfortunately, you have to move your body. The good news is dancing works as good as running. Best way to do this is a combination of aerobic activity, stretching, and weight bearing exercises.
    I'm going to post some sites to help.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete