Monday, January 25, 2010

Leah gave us a great challenge! Here's something else.

Good job Leah!

Take that critical voice we all have that tries to sabotage us. You know, the one that questions your ability to succeed with your new eating plan. It'll say: "Why even try?" or "You'll just regain the weight you lose." or, or, or

You can counteract that negative voice with positive affirmations such as "I will be successful in reaching my goals one day at a time." If the voice keeps up, say "DELETE!" out loud. You'll be amazed how that one word will banish a negative thought, not to even mention that you'll feel silly and start giggling.

Have fun deleting!

2 comments:

  1. I think I need to try this for a heck of a lot more than just dieting. Very timely advice, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts Lynda. For me, digging deep and finding a core vision for what I want for my life has been key for me. I've been able to come up with exactly what I want to be physically, as a father, as an employee and as a husband. It's really added clarity to my every day decisions, and has helped me start running every day.

    Choice is so powerful! We have only to excercise it :-) (there's that dang e word again .. hehe)

    ReplyDelete